The IMPULSE 2025 project involves a new approach to energy systems, made possible thanks to industrial and digital technologies. Through IMPULSE 2025, Teréga would like to recover lost energy for the right use at the right time for consumers, and via a circular economy approach. IMPULSE 2025 will thus provide the possibility of:
- 4 sharing a number of energy sources and supplying them to new users;
- 4 reducing energy waste by storing energy waste for later use or by converting it into energy that is more in demand or more efficient.
Backed by Teréga, the IMPULSE 2025 project will eventually create new synergies and maximise interconnections to present the various energy networks (gas, electricity, heat) as a unified and connected system. Thanks to the adaptability of the infrastructures and the optimisation of existing energy resources, the benefits of this project will be economical but also:
- 4 environmental: the IMPULSE 2025 project is fully in line with Teréga’s cross-cutting environmental programme: BE Positif. In the long term, this project aims to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, and to promote the integration of renewable energies that meet the energy efficiency thanks to targets set by the Paris Agreement (2015),
- 4 energy thanks to the complementary nature of the networks,
- 4 operational thanks to real-time management of this future dynamic network.