2008 : New buildings constructed at Le Houga (32) outside the Lussagnet storage centre, they are the first buildings in the Midi-Pyrénées to receive HQE® (High Environmental Quality) NF certification for “tertiary sector buildings”.
2011 : The new premises in the town of Cugnaux (31), built to accommodate the teams in the Toulouse region, are HQE® and BBC (Low Consumption) certified, and meet the criteria for a positive energy building. Once more, they are the first buildings of this kind in the Midi-Pyrénées region.
2015 : Our new head office, an environmentally-friendly building
Teréga's head office aims to be an exemplary environmental model, as the outcome of a HQE® (high environmental quality) process.
An ambitious energy efficiency goal has been set: 60% below the RT2012 requirement (2012 thermal regulations).
We made some significant choices, right from the design stage:
• A ring-shaped building to optimise the ratio of the façades per square meter of floor space built (<0.60), thus limiting surface-related heat loss to the exterior.
• Extensive glazed façades to allow for maximum natural light and the expected levels of comfort at work.
• Bioclimatic solar protection adapted to the exposure of each office. The slats of the blinds are positioned according to a very precise calculation for bioclimatic optimisation, to prevent over-heating from the summer sun while allowing passive sunshine to enter in winter. As such, the rotation of the slats varies depending on which way the room faces, forming, around the ring of the building, inside and outside, a gradual slant giving a sense
Movement suspended on a breath of air.
• a visible concrete structure for thermal inertia.
• 400m² of photovoltaic panels.
In addition, the project includes the recovery of rain water in a 50m3 tank, used to supply the toilets and urinals with raw water.
The construction of the head office forms part of the overall energy efficiency improvement programme developed by Teréga.
The HQE system requires that three of the fourteen targets should receive a “high performance” rating, meeting the highest criteria in that area.
The targets upon which Teréga focused, and which receive the “high performance” rating for the two buildings are:
- low-impact building site: in accordance with its policy across all sites (pipe-laying in particular), Teréga made sure that waste management was optimised, that the consumption of resources was limited, and that there was no pollution. The assessment after eleven months of building work (24,000 hours) was very positive, with zero accidents and zero pollution;
- energy management: as an energy transporter, Teréga is exemplary in this field and demonstrates its attention to the good management of resources. Restriction of the building’s energy needs was assured in the first place by optimal insulation. Its efficiency has been demonstrated by the excellent results of air-tightness tests (50% of recommended threshold). The installation of photovoltaic panels (900 m² at Le Houga, 300 m² at Cugnaux and 400 m² at Pau Volta) allows electricity to be generated, offsetting some of the consumption;
- operating waste management: by applying the working methods in place across all its sites (more than 80% of waste from Transport activities recycled in 2010), Teréga guarantees high performance in this field.